You are here
New Charity Partner for 2016-17
Transform are pleased to announce the Aberdeen FC Community Trust (AFCCT) as our official charity partner for 2016-17.
We share their vision "To provide support and opportunity to change lives for the better", and share many of their core values, such as:
• Always strive to 'do the right thing', operating in an ethical and transparent manner
• Respect everyone, irrespective of ability, age, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation
• Participate in innovative and accessible initiatives that provide value for money
• Invest in our staff and volunteers by supporting their personal development
• Respond to appropriate feedback and constantly seek to improve
• Work in equal partnership with those individuals & organisations who share similar Visions, Objectives, Values and Commitment
AFCCT is as registered Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO), Scottish Charity No. SC044720 who cater for girls and boys (aged 3 upwards), people living with disability, and individuals from ethnic and religious minorities.
AFCCT utilise their Scottish FA Football Development Officers to enhance local grassroots football, and now facilitate all Primary School Football League activity in Aberdeen, and in areas of Aberdeenshire.
A significant focus of the work undertaken by AFCCT has been to develop and increase wider community engagement well beyond 'just' football.
This work is done in close partnership with other like-minded groups and organisations. Involving participants of all ages, some aged 100+, AFCCT has programmes addressing dementia, inactivity, obesity, social exclusion, social deprivation, and more.
AFCCT works in partnership with the North East local authorities, NHS (Grampian), Sport Aberdeen, Police Scotland and Aberdeen Sports Village, as well as many other private businesses and local charities.
Transform look forward to running a series of fun events to raise much needed funding for this good cause, starting in September 2016 with a barbeque and penalty shoot-out open day at our new facility in Portlethen, followed by a 5K fun run, Eating Competition, Office Olympics, Bake Off and Quiz Night.
Visit their wesite by clicking the link below: