As trusted experts in workplace transformation, we provide office fit-out, commercial construction, and refurbishment services throughout Scotland. We have a wide range of in-house trades enabling us to manage and deliver high-quality commercial projects.
We offer complete construction services ranging from Principal Contractor on major projects to supplying individual trades as required.
About the role
A site manager you will report to the Construction Manager. Your role will be to oversee operations on a day-to-day basis, and ensure that work is done safely, on time and within budget and to the right quality standards. The scale of project’s you will be responsible for will vary and are likely to range from a whole site or with larger schemes, you may be responsible for part of a project and report to a more senior manager, who may be taking care of several projects at the same time.
- Direct responsibility for the H&S on site including inductions, toolbox talks, RAMS, COSHH, Access equipment, operative certification etc.
- Responsibility the safe delivery of projects on programme and within budget
- Ensuring the site is always kept secure
- Material requisition and call off making sure direct labour has material required within a reasonable timescale.
- The co-ordination of all sub-contractors related to the project
- Responsibility for all all direct labour and notification of labour requirements at least one week in advance.
- Quality management covering all trades working on site.
- Overseeing all transport and tools allocated to the project.
- The welfare and maintenance of said welfare for the duration of the project.
- Environmental management, such as waste segregation, COSHH and waste transfer.
- Site contract admin, such as programmes, progress reports, RFI’s, CVI’s, timesheets, archiving etc.
- Attending meetings were required and reporting to PM/CM/CA.
- Overall responsibility for following all company procedures.
Skills & Qualifications
- SMSTS certificate
- Valid Full 3-day first aid ticket.
- CSCS card in construction management
- Be able to work in a fast pace, dynamic work environment with multiple priorities
- Be able to prioritise work in a heavily changeable environment
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information and exercise sound judgment
- Be able to communicate with all levels of personnel within and out with the organization
- Proficient in MS Office, project, and PDF systems
- Planning and problem-solving skills and ability to adapt
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Experience in the construction industry within the past 10 years